Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jon and Kate...

Ok, I don't even know where to start...
Here, watch this first:



The article that I found this in talked about how she would've been surprised if the Gosselins had ended the show to save their marriage. I agree and I also think it's semi ridiculous that they're trying to pass the living situation off as "it's the kids' house" crap. It's so transparent! Any Jon and Kate Plus 8 fan knows that their house has had special studio lighting installed for the show. They're switching off time at the house because following the kids to Jon's house would cost the show more money!

It's just so obvious to me that this entire situation is all about money. That's why they're continuing the show. Plain and simple. There is really no other reasonable reason for it. And like the article said, "I get that this is reality, but it's just not a fun show about the chaos of eight children anymore. It's uncomfortable to watch." And probably seriously unhealthy for the kids in the long term.

Who can really blame them though? She writes and he does what again? Not really something that can support a household of 10, let alone college educations, hospital bills, special interests the kids might have, etc. The show is probably their biggest source of income.

And also, I'd like to point out that as bitchy as Kate can get with Jon, it's completely justified. From what they show on tv at least, it appears as though Jon just ambles through life allowing Kate to boss him around because it's easier than trying to think and do for himself. There was really no partnership that I saw in that relationship to begin with. He should have taken more of a stance and active role in his family from the beginning.

8 kids are stressful. duh. 8 kids plus a passive and lazy husband, that's super stressful. But 8 kids plus a passive and lazy husband AND a house full of cameras watching your every move AND the stresses of everyday life = insanity. And yet we laugh and blame Kate for being such a bitch. I'm not saying her behavior is appropriate, I'm just saying we need to evaluate the situation more closely before throwing around accusing names.

HOWEVER, if you are into making fun of Kate or the whole show in general, Dr.CoolSex on youtube puts out some pretty hilarious parodies.

Here's one for you to sample :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're writing about Jon and Kate - that totally cracks me up. I have to admit, I only watched their show once. I remember the first time I watched it I was shocked by how Kate treated her husband...and this was when I knew nothing about them. I just couldn't believe that a wife could be that condesending and patronizing towards her husband. It really bothered me so I never watched again.

    I'm sure he's to blame as well, but boy oh boy that woman would be hard to live with.....and that's my two cents :-).

    ReplyDelete